Thursday, July 21, 2011

To Sleep Or Not to Sleep, Who Am I Kidding? I Have No Choice.

So, again Enzo decided he wanted to work a swing shift and be up the entire night. sigh. I cannot express how much I miss sleeping. This constant feeling of exhuastion is becoming second nature. However, it is not welcomed. It is not bad enough that even on a good night Enzo wakes every 1.5-2 hours, but then he only takes cat naps of 20-30 minutes during the day! So even if I tired to "sleep when baby sleeps" by the time I fall asleep, hes up and ready to go. This is a prime example of why God made babies so cute, so you can't be too mad at them. Instead, I made the best out of my morning/afternoon. I decided I was too tired to drive around today so all my errands would be postponed until tomorrow, I am staying in today.

I have been been in the mood Quiche for weeks now. Don't ask why. Strange craving, I know. This morning I figured It was the perfect dish I could make during Enzo's nap. It is quick to put together and sooooo yummy!
All you do is mix together
3 eggs
2 egg whites
12 oz lowfat evaporated milk
pinch of salt
crumbles of cooked bacon
about 3/4 cup of shredded swiss
2 scallions
and red pepper flakes then pour them into a pre-made pie crust ( I googled a simple reciepe that only had to sit for 4 hours and ended up super flaky!) Then you bake for 45 minutes and VIOLA! Yummy, fairly healthy quiche.

After making my brunch, I felt in the baking mood so after some tummy time and story book that Enzo enjoyed eating more than me reading, I ventured back into the kitchen and decided to make some Chocolate Chip, Flax seed, Oatmeal cookies.(a wonderful idea I got my sister in-law)  I really like the flax seeds in cookies because it adds this crunch piece-y texture that I really like. These may not be to healthy and certainly do NOT help my fitness goals, but a treat every now and then is good for the soul.

For the cookies I used:
1/2 cup of butter, softened not melted
3/4 brown suger
1/2 granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
3 cups oats
1 1/2 flour
1/2 cup flaxseed
1 cup chocolate minis

Bake at 375 for 14 minute and then I had perfect crispy on the outside gooey on the inside cookies!

I am hoping the rain stops. I had plans to go to the park this morning but since baby and I weren't much for socializing due to lack of sleep I had thought maybe I would run again tonight. Last night was really rough, I don't know if it was the windy road or the humidity??? Granted, it did feel AWESOME after. Well my little man is up and we have lots more to explore in the house today. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment