Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Nursery Plans

I love to decorate! Planning a  room from nothing and making it into exactly what you want is my cup of tea. When Enzo came along we went straight to Babies R Us and found this animal/sports theme that we just LOVED. So we painted the room to go with it, got the carpet that matched. Bought each and every little detailed piece of the matching theme from the night light to light switch.

Talk about $$$$$$$$$!!

The lamp alone was $40! and the bedding ( not including the TWO window valances) was over $300! WITH a coupon! I think back now and want to smack myself. Why did we spend soo much money on a babies room? After we sat down and calculated the ridiculous amount of money we spent on a baby room, that 897343097490357894869736409 other babies also live in, I promised that next baby we would find a less expensive route.

Since I found out I was pregnant again I have been gathering ideas for a nursery. I knew if it was a boy I wanted a nautical theme and for a girl I wanted grey and pink. Yesterday they told us we are having a little girl! It is early and the tech seemed sure, but just in case I'm just gather ideas until we have the 100% from the doctor in a later ultrasound. (However, I will be slightly devastated if it is not a girl now.)

Like everything I do lately, I found on pinterest a similar idea of what I want for Giovanna's room.
I'm debating a chevron grey and white accent wall? Also I like dark wood, but this is just to give an idea. I also have decided I want to hand make everything (mostly) for her nursery. I found some great tutorials for :
Crib bumper
Crib sheets
Ruffled bed skirt
These adorable pillows
 Drapes

My plan is to document and blog about each project and hopefully it all works, and helps us stay under budget.

Until next time xoxo

-Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment