Monday, July 23, 2012

Boo Boo Bunny

Believe it or not I actually made something NOT from Pinterest. Actually, I learned how to make boo boo bunnies from a PERSON! Can you believe that? Not the Internet?!?! LOL

My Nanny used to make them for us grand kids and we'd use them every time we got hurt. Not familiar with the boo boo bunny? Here's what is looks like...



They are super cute and boy do they work miracles. I remember any time I had a bump or bruise and my mom gave me my boo boo bunny id magically be all better.

Last week my future sister in law asked me to throw her, her baby shower. Since she wanted it before August I had to think of some quick simple decorations and favors that could be made pronto but still be cute, of course. A friend of mine had a shower for her second baby a few months back and her sister came up with this brilliant idea for a "shower/sprinkle" theme. I had seen some cute ideas online and decided that would simple enough to pull off last minute. Then, after talking to my mom I decided to make boo boo bunnies as the favors. Even though it is summer, I correlate showers with Spring and Spring with bunny's. Does that make sense? It is just how my mind works.

In case you wanted to make some for your kiddos, or kiddos in your life here's how. It is super easy.

First you take a cheap-y washcloth, the thinner the better. I got 8 for $3 at Target.

You roll the sides in to meet in the middle


Then you fold it in half, and grab about 4 inches down and pull it back and fasten it with a rubber band.

There you have your bunny body.

 They you can get googly eyes at the dollar store, puffs for the nose and tail I got at Michaels because the dollar store only had crazy colors. You could go that route too but I was sticking with neutral colors.

Here is my army of boo boo bunnies...



There is also a cute poem that goes with them


If a boo boo has you feeling crummy,
Stick an ice cube in my tummy.
Hold it to your boo boo tight,
Soon everything will be all right!

So cute!  

xoxo

-Leah 

No comments:

Post a Comment