Monday, July 9, 2012

Getting Caught Up

Let me start by saying that I have been meaning to write for months. Literally months! I have no idea where the time went?? Last thing I remember I was prepping for Enzo's first birthday party (which was AMAZING) and next thing I knew life happened.

I am sure you can all relate. Life. Happens.

 I am starting a new chapter in my life as my family prepares to welcome a new life in January. We could not possibly be more excited for another little Smiles to enter the world. Between the morning sickness, the complete lack of energy, raising a 1 year old, two pups, and a grown babyman,  blogging has fallen wayside. I can no longer commit to blogging weekly, no matter how much I have to say or how badly I want to. It is just not realistic for me right now. So with that being said, I am revising my promise ( because I can :) ) and saying that I promise to blog sometimes.

Woah, that feels good. Much less pressure and guilty feeling when I don't blog now.

I had been wanting to share Enzo's Circus party with you all. I spent so much time putting it together I really wanted to showcase here in my little corner of the interweb.

Back when Enzo was three, yes just 3 months, I decided that his first birthday would be a circus themed celebration. I loved that it involved bright colors and animals, and clowns, and the food. OH THE FOOD! Hot dogs, and cotton candy, and corn dogs, and yummmm.

I started planning the April party back in October because I figured that it would take me some time to gather supplies and make the decorations and also so that it didn't all come out of my pocket at the same time. Less painful for the wallet that way.

The first thing I made was the circus tent. I found this adorable reading tent on pinterest. I loved the idea of a special spot to sit and read, so I figured I could use it in the play room after the party. And what kind of circus does not have a big top tent?? Sorry for the blurry picture but I forgot to take one the day of.

Next I made the party hats, because I didn't want just plain red ones and I couldn't find polka dotted ones. So I went to Michaels and got some puffs, some cray paper and card stock and spent hours ( i had no idea it would take so long) making my own.
The food took forever to prep and thank god for friends (courtney) and family because we spent the entire night before as well the entire next day (party was at 3) prepping and cooking. I got most of my ideas for treats on pinterest of course. I made chocolate chip cookies stuffed with oreos ( my version of deep dried oreos), cake batter sprinkle cookies, cookie dough dip served with animal crackers. They were all so great. Plus I had a friend of a friend make Enzo's smash cake and cupcakes and they were just too cute for words.




Enzo, mommy's cookie monster
The back yard we decked out with blow up animals I bought on ebay, and we rented a bounce house, and Narcis had just finished the swing set so the kids had ton to keep busy.


I am big on details. And so I also made ring master mustaches for the straws from card stock, and I had clown noses for the guest. I made a balloon wreath for the door. If you know me and have been to my house you know there is always a wreath on my door.

Sign in for Enzo's scrapbook and favors

Clown noses

Enzos circus wreath

The unfinished ball toss

In addition to sweets we also had corn dog muffins( in the clown cups) and popcorn and peanuts of course.


Hot dogs, fruit kabobs, pretzels, and lemonade too.


I LOVED planning this party. I loved watching Enzo's eyes light up and he was running around not even knowing where to go play next. I hope everyone who came enjoyed it as much as we did. I am already getting ideas ready for his second birthday, but first my sister in laws baby shower!

xoxo until next time!
-Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment