Thursday, June 30, 2011

Craving Ice Cream

Can someone please explain to me why I crave sweets more now than I did before when I was pregnant? This constant craving for cookies and ice cream and chocolate is making it very hard to loose these baby pounds. I have not weighed myself in a week but I am feeling real good. If I can maintain this then I can cross off something on my list! I do not know what it is about taking my pen and drawing a deep dark line through words that makes me feel so good...but it is almost as satisfying to me as a double chocolate chip chewy cookie! YUM!

I ran for over a mile and half today with my awesome "friendtrainer." I find it really helps me to have someone else working toward the same goals as me to keep me motivated. I just don't get those loners at the gym, those people who LIKE to workout alone. It is one thing if your schedule doesn't work with anyone and you have to work out alone, but its another if you chose to. I guess I am just social at all times.

Speaking of social, my son is starting to interact a whole lot more with people. He smiles and laughs all the time now. I just love trying new things to get him to laugh. Nothing is sweeter than a baby's laughter that is for sure! This afternoon he got a kick out of me doing squats. I wonder what exactly is funny about it to him? Maybe it was the "woosh" noise I kept making?? We will see if hes as amused by it tomorrow. Hopefully, because it was so darn cute!

Going to try to get to bed early today, but before I go I wanted to share a fun fitness fact I read today:

Scientists from the University of Tokyo found that exerciser's who did two half hour stints of moderate cycling with a 20 minute rest in between burned 10 percent more fat afterwards than those who cycled for a straight hour. They found that the repeated bouts triggered a release of hormones that helped metabolize fat more efficiently so that fat supplied a greater percentage of the total calories used later.

Since I ran 20 minutes, "rested" with weight lifting, and then elipicaled for 20 more minutes...maybe I do deserve just one cookie!

No comments:

Post a Comment