Monday, June 27, 2011

Sometimes it rains, sometimes it pours

Today I had every intention of crossing off everything on my To Do List. However, as the day progressed so did the rain. And as the rain came down so did my motivation. The rain always puts me in such a great and lax mood. I laid on the couch a good part of the day reading Let's Take the Long Way Home aloud to Enzo as he went in and out of consciousness. He must be going through another growth spurt because he is eating and sleeping much more often the past couple of days. It makes me sad every time he starts to outgrow another size of clothing. Not because I have to spend more money on clothes for him but because I know he'll never be this little again and I am just trying to enjoy every single day.

I wouldn't call myself a neat freak by a long shot, but I do like to keep a clean, mostly dust free house. I find it very hard to do so with an infant. Lately he only naps 20 minutes at a time and the rest of the time I am racking my brain for ways to entertain a 2.5 month old. I look forward to when he's old enough to appreciate books and we can spend hours at the library. I have great memories of my mom and me at the library picking out books and reading them together at night. Hopefully by then I'll have finished all the books in my personal library I bought intending to read and haven't. I have 23 books I have not read, I listed them below, and today I finished one. Not going to lie, feeling pretty proud of small accomplishment today. Also, since I talked myself out of running/jogging all day I spent a good part of the night looking up a 5k I could sign up for. I really wanted to do one for cancer, prostate cancer to be exact but it seems I missed the only local one in January. I suppose my new goal will be the turkey trot in November.

The best part about all this is the little guy I'm doing this all for, will be right by my side through it all. Every book I read, every jog I take ( OK he'll be in front of me then in the jogging stroller), every degree  I receive and bill I pay he will be watching his mommy following her dreams. With that said it is time for bed. Good night universe!

4 comments:

  1. Ass makes me wanna take Jax to the library! I remember those days trying to clean. Just wait until he gets older and there's toys everywhere lol at some point I had to just give up and let the toys take over lol goodnight friend! See ya tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha!!!!! Ass?!?! Really??!?!? Lol that was supposed to say THIS!!!!! LOLLLL MY DANG PHONE AUTO-CORRECTS EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allie- I was going to say...haha
    Ash-YES! I forgot about that one! I need to step it up to your level

    ReplyDelete