Friday, January 27, 2012

Let's try something new

I'm horrible at this, I know, I promised you and myself that this year I would be a better blogger and here I am....not blogging.

I suppose this is how I am avoiding being accountable. If I don't write about it, maybe no one will notice? Well I noticed and the worst person to lie to is yourself. So here I am, writing.

I wont lie to you anymore. I haven't been doing the best job with keeping up with my resolutions. My running is sporadic ( i'll never get 200 miles in at this rate) and we already talked about my blogging, my creativeness is at a halt, and I have been slacking with different projects I want to tackle.

On the POSITIVE side, the best side, I HAVE been trying something new every week, I signed up for both the Gasperilla 5k and the Irongirl. 5k. And I got Enzo to wear shoes :) Yes it is the little things, isn't it??

So let me start by telling you the NEW things I have been trying.

The first week of January I had just gotten back from my pizza tour around NY during which I ate an estimated 6 pies and countless sweets. So needless to say the first thing on my mind when I got back was fitness. I was just planning on taking a nice easy Pilates class when Enzo decided that it was not time for mommy to leave. I checked the YMCA schedule and noticed they had Zumba at the same time little man goes down to bed. PERFECT. So there I was ready for some ZUMBA instruction, Never had taken this class before I introduced myself to the instructor and told her this was my first time. Her advice was just watch, keep moving, and you'll get it. WOAH was she wrong! I was all over the place! Apparently, unless I have a few drinks in me I have no sort of rhythm....well maybe I never do, but just think I do after a few drinks??  Either way, I am not sure if I left the class getting one step right but it was so much fun! And it really was a great workout, I will be back.

The second week I tried a new hair style. I haven't done anything but darken my hair since high school. Im out of HS 9 years already. WOW. So I went to the best hair dresser I know and this is the finished product


Amazing? I know right??!



Then last week I tried not only cooking with and eating fennel and rainbow chard. Nothing exciting to report on either. But the dish I made them in turned out pretty good.


No comments:

Post a Comment