Sunday, October 9, 2011

Have a Nice Trip, See You in The Fall


Plate of bacon for breakfast? Don't mind if I do...


Not the best(healthiest) way to start a normal morning but today was a rainy, COOL and BREEZY, lazy,  full plate of bacon breakfast appropriate morning. Fall is trying so hard to make its precious little way down to Florida. Florida's Sunshine is putting up quite a fight though. Today the rain whipped the heat and sun to the back burner...supposed to stay cool (mind you cool is still in the high to mid 70's) for the next couple of days before the heat and sun return.

I really do not mind the heat. I absolutely LOVE living in Florida. I love the way the sun feels on your skin, the beaches, the pretty palm trees, and the postcard views over any and all bridges. But, being a New Yorker at heart (grew up there) I do yearn for the change of season. Especially the fall season! I miss the leaves changing, the trips out east to pick pumpkins, picking apples by the barrel! OH I MISS IT!! In effort to combat my bout of homesickness this time of year I immerse myself, and my house in all things fall. My fridge is stocked with pumpkin spice creamer, pumpkin spice bakes oatmeal, and pumpkin coffee. Apples have taken over my fruit bowl. I've stocked up on fall scented candles, my house decorated for Halloween/fall. And I even got a bale of hay for my pumpkins to sit on for our front porch. So festive and I love it.

I went this week with a friend of mine to pick up a pumpkin and take some pictures of our little ones for Halloween. Enzo is going to be a little pumpkin for Halloween and he seriously could not be any cuter! He was a little confused at first when I sat him down in between a pile of pumpkins but all in all I believe he will grow up loving the season too. When he gets a little older we will have to start taking trips up north so he can experience the change of the leaves and apple picking.
Smile baby!



I want that pumpkin in the middle!
 I am just so excited about sharing all my favorite traditions with my son. I am even more excited about starting our own as a family.  It is truly amazing how this little person, who has barely been in our lives 6 months can change and brighten up our lives more and more everyday. Does every mother feel this way? I sure hope so!I always knew I wanted to be a mother, I just never knew how much meaning it would give my life. I wake up every morning wanting to be better person, and go to sleep every night thankful that I have such supportive amazing people in my life that give me the drive to be better. Thank you everyone of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment