Friday, August 12, 2011

Rule of Five

Lately there have been a number of things bothering me. I usually have no trouble keeping a positive attitude but lately I have been unable to let go of some negative feelings I have.

Bummer #1  A couple of months ago I set a few goals and I have yet to meet them

Bummer #2  Having boundary issues with family

Bummer #3 This 100 degree weather, I miss being outside, comfortably.

Many years ago someone introduced to the Rule of Five. You can use the R of 5 to help you figure out if something is worth your time. Essentially you take a situation that is bothering you, for example, your mad you can not find your shoes. Then you think, will this effect me in 5 minutes: yes, you could be late if you don't find your shoes. Will this effect me in 5 days: No, whomever will understand. Will it effect me in 5 years? No, I will not remember this.

If I look at what is bugging me only bummer #1 and 2 pass the R of 5 test. Because, in 5 years if I don't solve these two issues there will be problems. Bummer #1 I know how to fix, I need to stop being lazy and really get on the ball. I have have set my goals and I know what I need to do. I just need to do it. Bummer #2 I just am at a loss for at the moment.  Come on Universe I need your help!
In Baby News Enzo is 4 months old today! I can not believe a short four months is is all that has passed. In some ways I feel like the time has flown by, in other ways I feel like he has always been apart of my life. Which, I guess in a way its true. He has been there the entire time of my new mommy life.
Day 1
1 Month

2 Months


3 Months    


Today, 4 Months

No comments:

Post a Comment