Wednesday, November 9, 2011

It's Just One of Those Days

I know I am not the only SAHM that has days like mine today. Days where you're tired of cleaning up, tired of never ending laundry, tired of always being the one being depended on for everything. I am just so. damn. tired.

 I get that this is my "job" and all but what others **AHEM..hunny..** don't always seem to understand is I NEVER get a lunch break, I never have a day off, I don't get PTO. Every minute I have in the day is taken up by some chore or someone else.

Most of the time I have no problem with this. Majority of the time I actually enjoy it. I love staying home with my son. I love when he falls asleep in my arms as I rock him to bed every night. It is just that, like everyone else, I need a break sometimes. But if I take a break from cleaning up after my "roommates" it just piles up and is more work for me another day. And lets face it, its impossible to take a break from being a mom. All I want is to go work out, come home to my clean house, take a nice looooooong, uninterupted shower, curl up on the couch, alone, TV off, and read my book. What I wouldn't give for 5 hours of peace and alone quite! Of course if I spent the entire night before up with Enzo, and 7 hours cleaning up that morning, that 5 hours of "peace" is wasted as I just try to de-stress and muster up some amount of energy.

I feel so guilty complaining. I have so much to be happy and thankful for and I really am. I am just having one of those days where I with I was here..
Oh to dream! 
xoxo -Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment