Thursday, September 15, 2011

A little bit of sunshine is all you need


Nothing revitalizes a person like a few days at the beach. The fresh ocean air, the peaceful sound waves crashing against the shore make, and not having a care in the world….(except for Enzo of course) AHHH a little piece of heaven on earth!

This past Tuesday was my honey’s birthday and we decided to get away for a few days down in MIAMI. We found an AWESOME deal on groupon.com. LOVE  that site. They hooked us up with an ocean front suite on the beach 11 stories up AND threw in a bottle of champagne, 2 massages at the spa, and breakfast buffet every morning; all for pennies, basically. We have needed a getaway for some time now. The stresses of being new to motherhood (fatherhood for Narcis), life in general and such can really get to a person.  Mental health is so important.
Our view
Our only family photo, I need to get better with that

The weekend prior to our mini vacay I ran my first 5k! Excuse me while I toot my own horn, TOOT TOOT, I ran the ENTIRE time! I came in 229 out of 342… For me that is a fantastic outcome as I thought I would surely come in last. The best part was seeing my loves at the finish line rooting me on! Unfortunately I have no pictures to share because I forgot to charge the camera.

I also finished another book, The Key to Rebecca. I had never heard of it before. I am not even sure how it ended up in our house, but it is a great read. It has everything! Action, Love, Sex, Espionage, Betrayal, Suspense. The story takes place in WWII, and I love stories about this era. I got into it after reading Anne Frank’s Diary back in 5th grade. Well, Enzo is up and all he wants to do is sit up and play nowadays…and I am PARANOID he is going to fall back and knock himself out…so to play baby catcher I go! Until next time, ciao!  
5 Months

No comments:

Post a Comment